(1) S'rî S'uka said: 'Now hear from me about the children of the son of Vivasvân known in the world as S'râddhadeva - he who presently is the seventh Manu [we are now in the twenty-eighth yuga of him who is also known as Vaivasvata Manu]. (2-3) The ten sons of Manu are known as Ikshvâku and Nabhaga indeed, Dhrishtha and also S'aryâti, Narishyanta and Nâbhâga [or Nriga] with Dishtha as the seventh; further are there Tarûsha [or Karûshaka] and Prishadhra and Manu's tenth who is known as Vasumân [or Kavi] [see also 9.1: 11-12]. (4) O King, Purandara is there as the Indra of the Âditiyas, the Vasus, the Rudras, the Vis'vedevas, the Maruts, the As'vins and the Ribhus [the demigods]. (5) Kas'yâpa, Atri, Vasishthha, Vis'vâmitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvâja are known as the seven sages mentioned before. (6) During this period was the appearance of the Supreme Lord Vishnu in the form of Lord Vâmana as the youngest of Aditi secured by Kas'yapa Muni. (7) In brief I explained the seven changes of Manus, now I'll also tell you about the future Manus empowered by the energy of Vishnu [see 8.1 & 5].
(8) The two wives of Vivasvân, the daughters of Vis'vakarmâ Samjñâ and Châyâ, o King, I both described to you before [see 6.6: 40-41]. (9) Some mention a third wife of Vivasvân: Vadavâ. Of the three were there of Samjñâ three children born - a daughter Yamî and the sons Yama and S'râddhadeva. Now hear about the children of Châyâ. (10) They were Sâvarni [a son], the daughter Tapatî who later became the wife of king Samvarana and S'anais'cara [Saturn] who was the third. The As'vins took birth as the sons of Vadavâ. (11) When the eight period has arrived will Sâvarni become the Manu. The sons of Sâvarni, o ruler of man, are Nirmoka, Virajaska and others. (12) The demigods will then be the Sutapâs, the Virajas and the Amritaprabhas and Bali, the son of Virocana, will become the Indra. (13) Having given away the entire universe to Vishnu who begged him for three paces of land, he will achieve the post of Indra and thereafter will he, renouncing, achieve the perfection of life. (14) He, Bali, bound by the Supreme Lord, was favored with the kingdom of Sutala where, at present having a position equal to Indra, he was to be situated again more opulent than in heaven. (15-16) In the eight manvantara will Gâlava, Dîptimân, Paras'urâma, As'vatthâmâ, Kripâcârya, Rishyas'ringa and our father Vyâsadeva, the incarnation of the Lord [as a philosopher], who at present, o King, are busy with their own hermitages, as a result of their yogapractice be the seven sages. (17) Sârvabhauma by Devaguhya begotten in Sarasvatî, will as the Master and Controller take away by force the lands of Purandara [Indra] and give them to Bali.
(18) Daksha-sâvarni, the ninth Manu, born as the son of Varuna, will as his sons have Bhûtaketu, Dîptaketu and others, o King. (19) The Pâras, the Marîcigarbhas and those will be the demigods, the king of heaven will be known as Adbhuta and the ones headed by Dyutimân will become the seven sages in that period. (20) From Âyushmân will from the womb of Ambudhârâ Rishabhadeva, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Lord, take birth and of him will Adbhuta enjoy all opulence of the three worlds.
(21) The tenth Manu will be Brahma-sâvarni, son of Upas'loka; his sons will be Bhûrishena and others and the twice-born will be headed by Havismân. (22) Havismân, Sukrita, Satya, Jaya and Mûrti [and others] will at the time be the [seven] sages; the Suvâsanas, the Viruddhas and others will be the demigods and S'ambhu will be the controller of the Sura's [the Indra]. (23) One of the Supreme Lord His plenary portions, Vishvaksena, born from the womb of Vishûcî in the home of Vis'vasrashthâ, will make friends with S'ambhu.
(24) The Manu Dharmasâvarni will indeed be the eleventh to appear in the future as a master of the soul and Satyadharma and others will be his ten sons. (25) The Vihangamas, Kâmagamas and Nirvânarucis are the demigods and Vaidhritâ is their Indra; the seven sages are Aruna and others. (26) Born from the womb of Vaidhritâ as the son of Âryaka will a partial incarnation of the Lord known as Dharmasetu then rule the three worlds.
(27) Rudra-sâvarni, o King, will appear as the twelfth Manu and Devavân, Upadeva and Devas'reshthha and others will be his sons. (28) In that period will Ritadhâmâ be the Indra, will the demigods be headed by the Haritas and will Tapomûrti, Tapasvî, Âgnîdhraka and others be the sages. (29) By Satyasahâ begotten from Sunritâ will the almighty Svadhâmâ, a partial incarnation of the Lord, rule the period of that Manu.
(30) The thirteenth Manu of advancement to the soul will be Deva-sâvarni and Citrasena, Vicitra and others will be Deva-sâvarni's flesh and blood. (31) The Sukarmâs and the Sutrâmas will become the demigods, Divaspati will be the Indra and Nirmoka and Tattvadars'a and others will then be the sages. (32) As the son of Devahotra will, as the benefactor of Divaspati [the Indra], from the womb of Brihatî, Yoges'vara appear as a partial incarnation of the Lord.
(33) The Manu known as Indra-savârni will be the fourteenth and of his semen will Uru, Gambhîra, Budha and others be born. (34) The Pavitras and Câkshushas will be the demigods, S'uci will be the king of heaven and Agni, Bâhu, S'uci, S'uddha, Mâgadha and others will be the ones of penance. (35) For that period, o great king, will the Lord in the womb of Vitânâ appear as Brihadbhânu, the son of Satrâyana, for the performance of all spiritual activities.
(36) O King, the estimated time of the past, the present and the future covered by these fourteen that I described to you, consists of a thousand mahâyugas or one kalpa [day of Brahmâ, see also picture].'